Reports to: Audit and Inspection Manager
Department: Audit & Investigation
Summary of Responsibilities:
Prepare and perform audits arising from annual audit plan and specific requests from the Executive Management.
- Perform investigations and special assignments or reviews on suspected fraud incidences, misconduct, policy/procedure breaches etc. and timely issuance of reports
- Liaising and working with law enforcement agencies, professional and commercial organizations on matters relating to fraud, investigation, review etc.
- Report to the Auditor-Head of Mission, the Audit Manager and/or Head of Department the results and conclusions regarding the treated sections during audits.
- Assist to follow up the recommendations implementation concerning the regarded sections during audits.
- Acquire an audit approach in line with international standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing.
- Ensuring the Internal Control Quality also that its procedures and organization allow checking and improving the safety and reliability of operations.
- Control the risk assessment device and evaluate risk levels actually incurred.
- Prepare working papers documenting adequately work performed and maintain proper audit trail.
- Analyze the functioning of audited activities from data collected and interviews with auditees.
- Observe and to notice the dysfunctions as well as their consequences and to propose the adequate measures of improvement to remedy it.
- Draft report or notes writing skills summarizing the audit findings, recommendations and action plans to improve the processes functioning and organization of audited activities.
- Integrate into its daily audit practices the observance of Internal Audit requirements (Executive Management requirements; International Auditing Standards requirements, legal and regulatory requirements …).
- Ensure compliance with procedures, rules and devices implemented.
- Carry out its activities in accordance with the Ethics Code of the Internal Audit Department
- Any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Technical Know How:
- Knowledge of banking
- Critical thinking
- Problem solving
- Report writing
- Interviewing Skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent planning, organization and execution skills
- High level of integrity and ability to maintain confidentiality
- Self-driven and results-oriented
- Ability to alternate between individuals and group of work
- Curiosity and observation
- Independence and impartiality
- Mastery of Auditing standards
Skills, knowledge, abilities/competencies:
- 2 years’ experience in the relevant field i.e. auditing and investigations
- Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (ACFE) certifications is most preferred
- Others are Certified Public Accountants (CPA), Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) or Certified Information System Auditor (CISA).
- Bachelor degree in Law enforcement, Criminology, Law, IT, Accounting, Banking and Finance, Statistics or related disciplines
All the applicants should submit their application letter, CV and Certificates not later than 14th Jan 2024 to email: firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTE: We shall communicate to only successful candidates who will meet all the requirements above.